Cammy Bean tagged me the 7 things meme that has hit so many of the bloggers I regularly read that I’m not sure who I’ll be able to tag. She tagged me when we did the 8 Random Facts meme over a year ago too. I’m not motivated to do any serious blogging today though, so it seems like a good time for this.
1. Like Michele Martin, I have played Dungeons & Dragons recently. If you didn’t like geeks, you probably weren’t reading this blog anyway. My husband and I found a group after we moved this fall and have done a couple of sessions since Halloween. It’s fun, and it means that for several hours on a Saturday I completely stop thinking about work or my to do list.
2. One of my New Year’s Resolutions last year was to keep a food journal, and I’m happy to report that I’ve now been tracking for a full year. I use the Daily Plate, which is now part of Livestrong. Tracking has forced me to be much more honest about what I am actually eating and doing for exercise. I still should lose more to help get my cholesterol down, but I’m happy that I’ve lost and kept off 10% of my previous body weight.
3. I had a daily paper route for 5 years, starting when I was 12. I don’t in the least miss getting up at 5:30 AM on weekends to deliver papers in the Wisconsin snow and ice.
4. One summer in college I worked a third shift remodel crew at Walmart. The job involved a lot of smashing things and getting them out of the way so the professionals could build the new stuff in its place. It also taught me that I should never, ever work third shift; my body just can’t handle it.
5. The summer after I graduated college I worked as a telemarketer. Fortunately, it wasn’t telemarketing for individuals. I only called businesses who already had contracts for payphones to try to convince them to renew their contracts. I don’t think I could have survived 3 months of calling people at home and interrupting their meals, but this wasn’t too bad.
6. I have been spending way too much time playing online games recently. I play a bunch of games on Facebook, mostly word games. I also enjoy the Flash-based games on Kongregate, where I play a lot of puzzle and strategy games. Part of why I’ve been blogging less in the last two months is because I’ve been obsessing about games too much. Ah well. I’m having fun.
7. I am a tea drinker. At the moment, I have a lavender Earl Grey that is probably my 6th or 7th cup of the day. Although I’m really happy we moved away from the snow and ice of Illinois, I do miss being within walking distance of a TeaGschwender shop. I can order online, but it’s not the same experience as going to the store and having them scoop out loose tea to smell and sample.
After reviewing my reader and commenter lists, I’m copping out and not tagging 7 particular people for this meme. Most people seem to have already done it. However, if no one tagged you and this looks like fun, please feel free to consider this an invitation!
Image: ‘Painted Trophy: Red Dragon‘