8 Random Facts About Me
Cammy Bean tagged me for the 8 Random Facts About Me meme. Like Cammy, it’s my first time being tagged for a meme. I agree that this is a sign that we have finally “arrived” in the blogosphere. 🙂
First, the Rules:
1) Post these rules before you give your facts
2) List 8 random facts about yourself
3) At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
4) Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged
And here’s the random facts about me.
Big cow, Oasis Cheese & Gift Shop,
Janesville, WI from bryanbutko‘s
1. I grew up in Janesville, Wisconsin, home of a big plastic cow. Janesville used to also be the home of Miracle the white buffalo, but alas, Miracle passed away several years ago.
2. After a few years off, I’m back to playing the Horn again. (You probably know it as the French Horn, but it isn’t really French. I won’t bore you with the details, as really only Horn players care.) I’ve done a little playing at my church and I’m joining a local Horn choir that starts rehearsing later this month.
3. I’m 5’1″ (155 cm) tall. My paternal grandmother was 5 feet tall at her tallest (she’s shrunk a bit now), and she was the tallest of 4 sisters. I was pretty much genetically doomed from the start. On my dad’s side of the family, the oldest kids are usually the shortest. That was the pattern for my siblings too; my sister is a few inches taller than me, and my brother is a few inches taller than her. I accept that I can’t reach things on the top shelves; I just wish I could reach the back of the second shelf in my kitchen cabinets.
4. I started playing the piano when I was 4 years old. I was a Suzuki piano kid. Without a keyboard or piano since college my skills have dropped pretty substantially, and I’d really have to work to get them back now. Maybe someday.
5. I have many, many allergies, both environmental and food. When I did the testing for environmental allergies, my allergist actually gasped when she saw how red and swollen my back was. Fortunately the allergy shots really do seem to make a difference, and I’m slowly becoming less sensitive. Thank God I’m not allergic to chocolate though; I don’t know what I’d do!
6. The Muppets are some of my all-time favorite TV, music, and movies. My sister and I wore out multiple copies of the tape from the first Muppet album; we can still sing many of the songs. I recently discovered the Muppet Wiki, which has so much great information about all the incarnations of the Muppets.
7. When I was 12, I played a character in a serial radio show called the Christmas Calendar. The show played on a local AM station most weekdays in December leading up to Christmas. The plot was that December 25 had left the calendar, preventing Santa from bringing presents. Siblings Jenny and Dan took a tour through a magic calendar factory, traipsing through holidays from the whole year along the way–not just the big holidays, but ones like National Clown Month too. It was very silly, but a lot of fun.
8. My husband, Dave, and I will celebrate our one-year anniversary on August 26. He makes me so happy, and I’m so lucky to have him. (Fortunately, he doesn’t read this, so he won’t be embarrassed.)
And now on to the tagging of other people. I apologize if you’ve already participated or done something like this in the past (I know a similar meme went around last December). If I’m tagging you, it’s because I’d like to know more about you, so please consider it a compliment (even if you do find memes annoying). (If you really do hate memes like this though, don’t feel obligated to post.)
Kim Cofino (She’s traveling for the next few weeks though)
Sathish Narayanan (e-Learning Tyro)
5 thoughts on “8 Random Facts About Me”
I added a few more to my December “facts” 🙂
Hey, I feel your pain… I was always in the front row for school pictures.
Next week I’m going to get to meet everyone on our team for the first time. We all work virtually, so we’ve never been in the same physical place. We’ve already discussed height. Natalie and April are short too (although taller than me), but our manager, Pam, is 5’7″. She’s going to tower over us. 🙂
I’m pleased that you’re short, too! In college, I was friends with a group of short women. We had a connection with a group of women who were all tall. Of course, size shouldn’t matter in the virtual world, but I feel like we’re kindred spirits in our sufferings to reach items on the back shelf.