Last week, I gave a presentation on Creative Solutions with Twine: Design, Streamline, and Refine Branching Scenarios. Most of this presentation was a demo in Twine to show different options, although I started with a few slides.
- Why Twine is effective for branching scenarios
- Examples of some very different solutions with Twine (including branching scenarios, chat simulations, and dungeon crawls)
- How to create a basic Twine story with links to multiple passages
- How to play a prototype to test it
- Story formats vs. proofing formats and how to use them both
- Publishing Twine stories
- Building a chat simulation with Twine and Trialogue
Watch the presentation
If the video isn’t embedded above, you can watch the recording on YouTube.
More reading on Twine
I have written several posts on Twine, including some step-by-step directions for some of the demos in this presentation.
- Twine Makes Branching Scenarios Easier: How to get started in Twine.
- Visual Design for Scenarios with Twine: How to format Twine using the Harlowe story format
- How I Built a Chat Simulation in 2 Hours: Using Twine and the Trialogue story formats
You can also check out all of my posts on Twine.
Thanks to Patti Bryant, owner of Learning Reinvented, for hosting and recording this presentation. Patti is also the founder of the Online Network of Independent Learning Professionals. If you’re a freelancer or consultant (or you want to be), ONILP is a great community to support you and help you grow. Register for our free, twice-monthly calls. If you’d like an invite to the Slack community, either leave a comment on my blog or email me.