Daily Bookmarks 07/22/2008
» What Everybody Ought to Know About Instructional Design The Rapid eLearning Blog
Great post on the value of instructional design and what instructional designers add to the process of learning.
* More than just putting info in front of learners
* Helps learners focus on the right things
* Provides context and perspective
* Saves time in the learning process
* “Engages learners in clear and meaningful content”
I love the use of the YouTube video as the attention getter and example in this post. I’ve seen variations on this video before, but never thought about it in this context.
Educational Uses of Digital Storytelling
Directory for the educational uses of digital storytelling website. Resources include getting started with digital storytelling, examples, tools, and evaluation. The Evaluation section includes information on some of the research being done in this area.