Weekly Bookmarks (6/25/12)
Are You Meeting All Five Moments of Learning Need? by Conrad Gottfredson & Bob Mosher : Learning Solutions Magazine
Looking at the role of performance support at different places in the workflow, what the author calls the “five moments of need”: New, More, Apply, Solve, and Change
These “Five Moments of Need” provide an overarching framework for helping learners become and remain competent in their individual and collective work.
Here they are:
- When people are learning how to do something for the first time (New);
- When people are expanding the breadth and depth of what they have learned (More);
- When they need to act upon what they have learned, which includes planning what they will do, remembering what they may have forgotten, or adapting their performance to a unique situation (Apply);
- When problems arise, or things break or don’t work the way they were intended (Solve); and,
- When people need to learn a new way of doing something, which requires them to change skills that are deeply ingrained in their performance practices (Change).
0 thoughts on “Weekly Bookmarks (6/25/12)”
NIce post Christy. Is this something you observed through teaching? I will keep this in mind when putting together lectures.
Thanks for sharing
The “Five Moments of Need” is from Mosher’s work. Everything below the tags on the bookmark is a quote from Gottfredson & Mosher’s article, not original to me.