MADE is the Media and Design in Education team for the University of Toronto. Inga Breede from this educational technology group recently interviewed me for their podcast. We talked about scenario-based learning and specifically about branching scenarios.
What we discussed
We covered several topics in our 20-minute conversation.
- When should branching scenarios be used in learning experiences?
- What are some of the challenges and limitations that designers typically come across when they’re building a branching scenario?
- What are the key components to consider in the planning stage?
- What are my favorite tools to use to build branching scenarios?
- For learning designers who are interested in scenario building, where can they begin their journey of discovery?
Listen to the interview
In particular, check out these podcasts:
- Branching Scenario Podcast with Mark Parry
- Tools for Drafting and Building Branching Scenarios Podcast
- Scenario-Based Learning Q&A with Devlin Peck
- Emotionally Engaging Content: Podcast Interview
- Interview on Storytelling for L&D